Here are the best ways you can support the COVID-19 response at this time.
1. Fund the Frontlines
Contribute to The HomeFront’s fundraiser to direct funds to charities with the highest needs in service of the mission to combat the PPE shortage and arm our front lines with the resources they need. Our team is working to deeply understand the greatest challenges facing the Canadian healthcare system and our frontline healthcare workers in the fight against COVID-19, so that we can ensure your donations will go straight to the areas of greatest need.
This campaign is run through The Upside Foundation of Canada (Charitable Registration No. 84528 3241 RR0001); all donations to this campaign will receive a full tax receipt.
Please contact email@example.com if you'd like to discuss further.
Knix has done an incredible job activating their existing network of suppliers to quickly source high quality PPE and deploying it the areas of highest need. Contribute to Knix’s initiative to directly support the purchasing of N95 masks, surgical masks, and gloves.
Please note: this is a direct support initiative rather than a charity fundraiser, so tax receipts cannot be given.
2. Donate Supplies
Many hospital-run PPE Drives are now accepting the following items:
- PPE (personal protection equipment) including masks, gloves, and gowns. Unopened boxes preferred.
- Medical supplies such as swabs, hand sanitizer, and medical grade wipes.
- Baby monitors for staff to communicate with COVID-19 positive patients.
If you have these items and if you are able, please locate the PPE Drive nearest you using the map below (created and constantly updated by #Findthemasks, with contributions from our friends at MaskAHero and #thePPEdrive) and drop off items directly.
If you are not able to drop off your donations directly, click the button below to request a pickup from generous volunteers at Land Rover Canada. If there are other large-scale contributions your business would like to make, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Donate Food or Accommodations
- Meals or snacks for staff (fresh meals, granola bars, cookies, water, juice, wrapped chocolate or candy). Significant quantities of unopened individual packages preferred.
- Accommodations for healthcare workers to stay where they can be isolated (many fear bringing COVID-19 home and infecting their families).
3. Sell Supplies to the Government of Canada
If you are a manufacturer or business that can assist Canada in meeting the need for medical supplies, visit the Government of Canada's website to learn the specifications for products needed, and access the submission form to indicate your ability to produce medical supplies.
If there are other ways you are looking to help with the fight against COVID-19 but aren’t sure where to start, feel free to reach out to email@example.com: we’re happy to be of help if we can point you in the right direction.